If you are living or even planning to live in Thailand, finding a good international school for your children can be overwhelming. Bangkok has some great international schools if you know what you are looking for.
Think About the Curriculum at the School
International schools get their name because they use a curriculum that isn’t from the home country. They also will accept students from all over the world, whereas many public or government schools do not always give this option. If you are searching for an international school, one of the most important things to research is the schools’ curriculum. Most schools in Thailand operate on these major curriculums:
- The American curriculum
- The British curriculum
- The Australian curriculum
- The Canadian curriculum
- The Singaporean curriculum
The Singapore curriculum is very popular with Asian parents, as this is one of the top curriculums in the ASEAN community, so it is well recognised. All curriculums deal with course content that covers English, Maths, and Sciences, but all different in terms of years and styles of grading. The American curriculum, for example, is based on standards and meeting certain standards within a certain school year. Schools like https://basis.ac.th/ use American curriculums and adapt them to meet the needs of the country. Most parents from Western countries tend to gravitate towards their home country, as they usually plan to send their children abroad once schooling is finished.
Check Out the Facilities Offered on Campus
One great thing about international schools is the number of extras that they can offer on campus. Newer schools, while still in their primary stages, typically have an expansive campus with lots of room to grow. These schools may take time to establish school groups and events but will have top-quality facilities for students to learn and grow. Check for schools that offer things such as:
- Spacious Science classrooms and labs. For secondary students, check to see if there are chemical showers and proper lab safety equipment.
- Buildings for the Arts: theatres, band, and choir rooms are a good sign that a school is well-rounded and does not focus on only academics.
- Recreational equipment: This includes spaces for things such as basketball courts, swimming pools, football pitches, or even tennis courts. Great sports facilities can help students thrive and cater to their mental and physical health.
It is important to consider all aspects of the school and not just the academics behind it. Happy, well-qualified teachers are essential to ensuring the best education for your child.